- 2 cups pure icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 395g sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 6 drops pink liquid food colouring
- Grease and line a 20 X 30cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper (allowing the edges to overhang).
- Sift the cream of tartar and sugar into a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and stir until well combined.
Try a self-raising gluten-free cake mix if you’re avoiding flour or use Coconut flour.
How to make sweetened condensed coconut milk
- How to make sweetened condensed milk.
- Divide the mixture equally into two bowls.
- Add the food colouring to one bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place the white mixture into the base of the pan and use a spoon to firmly press down and level out.
- Carefully spread the pink mixture over the top and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow to fully set before cutting.