- 125 g unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbs shredded coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Beat together butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir through flour and coconut.
- Carefully open can of coconut milk without shaking it. Spoon off cream and set aside. Add 3/4 cup remaining coconut milk to batter and stir to combine. Fold through 3/4 cup raspberries.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin holes. Bake for 18-20 minutes until top of cupcake springs back when pressed. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make raspberry coconut cream, whisk together reserved coconut cream with remaining 1/2 cup raspberries.
- Serve cupcakes with a dollop of raspberry coconut cream and a sprinkling of toasted shredded coconut.
Try a self-raising gluten-free cake mix if you’re avoiding flour or use Coconut flour.